Environmental Center Tours
NewslettersView All Benefits
Recognition in Marketing
Recognition at Annual Meeting
Employee Discount Pricing
Use of Chapter LogoView All Benefits
USGBC Project Manager - Northeast Ohio
The position is the first line of engagement for those interested in getting involved with USGBC locally and supports programmatic and admin functions.Apply for Position
The purpose of Northeast Ohio Chapter of the USGBC is to generate broad support for various individual efforts, build momentum, and advance the green building agenda in our region through education, consulation, and cooperation. The Chapter is an umbrella organization for the various bulding industry interest groups, including those involved in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial green building.Read More
You don’t necessarily have to replace your HVAC system. Come learn how to improve energy performance through mechanical corrections and controls without major capital investments. Our next Building Education Series event is hosted by the ASHRAE Cleveland Chapter.
Here is what we will learn:
- Understand how HVAC controls are a vital part of a well functioning, energy efficient building.
- Understand how existing buildings can achieve improved energy performance without big capital investments or system replacement.
- Learn how the ASHRAE building EQ process standardizes modeling so that comparisons can be meaningful.
- Learn the characteristics of ASHRAE building EQ actionable energy recommendations for existing buildings.
- Learn which types of facilities would benefit from retro-commissioning as a follow up to the ASHRAE building EQ process.
- Learn to distinguish between application of the ASHRAE commissioning process and a walk-through checklist.
- Hear case studies of existing Cleveland buildings that have recently received their Energy Star certification and what they did to improve energy efficiency through HVAC and controls upgrade projects without wholesale system replacements.
ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer Hoy Bohanon, Jr., P.E. President, Hoy Bohanon Engineering, PLLC
Nate Smick Energy Engineer, Gardiner Trane
The Cleveland Museum of Art rarely opens their doors for a behind the scene look at what it takes to operate a world class art museum. Come learn about how they manage the property and the great efficiency projects CMA has accomplished recently. We will follow the tour with a networking happy hour on museum grounds. Wade Oval Wednesday begins at 6 PM on the oval with a free concert/food trucks.
Interested in learning about vegetated roofs? Come learn about the benefits of rooftop gardens and what it takes to create one! Registration link to follow Continuing Education Credits available for: USGBC, AEE, ASHRAE, BOMA, CES, pending for AIA Fee: $10 for members of Building Education Series presenting organizations, $15 for non members