Environmental Center Tours
NewslettersView All Benefits
Recognition in Marketing
Recognition at Annual Meeting
Employee Discount Pricing
Use of Chapter LogoView All Benefits
USGBC Project Manager - Northeast Ohio
The position is the first line of engagement for those interested in getting involved with USGBC locally and supports programmatic and admin functions.Apply for Position
The purpose of Northeast Ohio Chapter of the USGBC is to generate broad support for various individual efforts, build momentum, and advance the green building agenda in our region through education, consulation, and cooperation. The Chapter is an umbrella organization for the various bulding industry interest groups, including those involved in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial green building.Read More
The Project Manager position is the first line of engagement for those interested in getting involved with USGBC locally and supports programmatic and administrative functions. The Project Manager is a skilled professional with a wide range of administrative, event management and technical skills to assist, oversee, and implement educational programs, events, and communications. The project manager manages online set up and administration of events, electronic communications, social media, and web updates for USGBC locally.
The Project Manager also manages processes and systems related to back-office functions for USGBC including customer service, accounts payable/receivable, and database administration. The Project Manager assists with, oversees, and implements educational events and programs with volunteer leaders. He/she recruits and manages the volunteer leadership that plans and executes local programming and events. This position is also responsible for ensuring relevant, mission-based, and high-caliber programming; strong attendance at local events; and corporate and community partnerships that enhance educational content.
The Project Manager position is based in Northeast Ohio and supports USGBC Ohio’s Northeast Region. A portion of this position may support other regions of Ohio, remotely. Routine travel around Northeast Ohio is expected with minimal travel to other parts of Ohio. Regular evening work and occasional weekends are required for this position.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Support local initiatives and events administration, including logistics, budget tracking, and evaluation for individual programs and events to support overall program evaluation.
• Assist with generation of content for the website, newsletter and social media tools related to individual community engagement activities.
• Manage online event registration, social media, and e-communications related to local activities, events, and initiatives.
• Identify and submit local stories of interest for USGBC’s national website blog, specifically focusing on community engagement (i.e. ADVANCE, GADOS)
• Track and manage member information.
• Provide support to members via telephone and email.
• Develop and high-caliber educational program content with volunteer leaders/content experts
• Recruit and manage volunteers assigned to committees and at events.
• Generate job descriptions for, recruit, and manage the volunteer leadership assigned to local market committees.
• Develop and execute outreach strategies to promote local initiatives and events.
• Provide on-site support of regional events and programs
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with corporate and community organizations for the purpose of enhancing local offerings.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends to ensure that the programming reflects these trends and initiatives.
• Cultivate funding sources for local programing, including grants, sponsorships, and ticket sales.
• Manage and generate website, newsletter and social media content related to local membership, programming and events.
• Engage in local, regional, and state advocacy initiatives
• Document program and event results for the purpose of assessing success and future planning, and informing annual reporting.
• Respond to inquiries related to local market activities.
This role does not supervise other employees, however manages volunteers.
Regular travel in Northeast Ohio. Periodic travel to other parts of Ohio/region.
Metrics for Success
• Number of educational training programs
• Number of and visibility for local educational events and initiatives.
• Attendance at local USGBC sponsored events and participation in USGBC initiatives.
• Number of partnerships and amount of financial support secured in support of programming.
• Number of online articles, social media posts, e-blasts related to local programs/initiatives.
Education & Training Requirements/Preferences
• Bachelor’s degree required
• LEED Green Associate or AP preferred
• 3 years’ experience developing educational programing or curriculum.
• 3 years’ experience in community outreach or public relations.
• Preferred familiarity with the LEED system.
• Preferred experience with development and/or grant writing.
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to assist members and partners through strong customer service skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse interests across all levels of the organization
• Strong project management skills
• Flexibility and ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Ability to take on responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Creative problem solving and go-getter attitude, seeks process improvement
• Experience with membership tracking software, online program registration systems, social media platforms, customer service software, and database management systems
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends
• Commitment to USGBC mission
• Knowledge of green building and ability to keep abreast of new standards and initiatives